To prevent unnecessary deductions from your security deposit, please use this guide for
checking out of your home. Please note: It is nearly impossible for this document to anticipate
and address every potential situation. As such, this list is not allinclusive; it is merely a guide for
- Pay any unpaid rent, late charges and other miscellaneous charges against your
- Once notice has been given to Sloane Realty, the property will be advertised. Please be
ready for showings and maintain the property in a showready condition.
- Once the time has come to vacate, please remove all personal belongings.
Doublecheck all kitchen cabinets, refrigerator, attics, storage spaces, and closets. (Any
item left behind becomes the property of Sloane Realty LLC and will be disposed of. You
will be responsible for any expense incurred by the removal.)
- Clean interior (Have carpets professionally cleaned, mop vinyl/wood floors, dust ceiling
fan blades, baseboards, mini blinds & window sills, clean light globes. Please refer to our
POTENTIAL CHARGES and CLEANING LIST)
- Replace blown/missing light bulbs and light fixture globes.
- Replace smoke detector(s) batteries.
- Mow the lawn, trim the bushes, sweep out the garage & walkways.
- Return all keys (including garage door openers, pool keys, clubhouse, and gate keys) to
Sloane Realty once you move out. You will be charged for each key not returned. (Return
of keys signifies you have turned property back to Sloane Realty. Your financial obligation
continues until you have returned your keys and left the house.
- Sloane Realty has 30 days to return your deposit. Please do not count on your deposit
being returned earlier.
- The deposit will be disbursed equally to all tenants on the lease. If there is a change in the
amounts going to each tenant, it is up to the tenants to notify Sloane Realty. Notification
must be in writing.
- You must provide your forwarding address or the deposit shall be sent to the previous